- 2 red onions, cut into rounds
- 1 fennel bulb, cut into wedges
- 2tablespoons olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 8 small sweet or hot Italian sausage links (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- 6cups spinach
- 1tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 4ounces blue cheese, crumbled
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a large bowl, toss the onions and fennel with 1 tablespoon of the oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the vegetables and sausages, turning occasionally, until the vegetables are tender and the sausages are cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- In a large bowl, toss the grilled vegetables with the spinach, vinegar, remaining tablespoon olive oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Divide the salad among bowls and top with the sausage and blue cheese.