(1/2 stick) butter, at room temperature
clove garlic, finely chopped
1-inch-thick bone-in pork chops (about 2 1/2 pounds)
kosher salt and black pepper
pounds cherry tomatoes
- Heat grill to medium-high. In a small bowl, combine the butter, garlic, and thyme. Set aside.
- Season the pork with ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper and grill until cooked through, 6 to 7 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, divide the tomatoes between 2 pieces of heavy-duty foil and season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Close to form 2 pouches.
- Grill the pouches alongside the pork, gently shaking occasionally, for 8 minutes.
- Top the pork chops and tomatoes with the garlic butter just before serving.