Grilled Pork Chops With Maple Syrup Sweet Potatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 1-inch-thick bone-in pork chops (about 2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 small sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season the pork chops with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Grill until cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on the grill, reserving the bowl. Cook, turning often, until tender and slightly charred, 10 to 12 minutes.
- To the reserved bowl, add the syrup, scallions, remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add the sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Serve with the pork.
- Per Serving
- Calories 403Calories From Fat 142
- Protein 36g
- Carbohydrate 27g
- Sugar 10g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 4g
- Sodium 739mg
- Cholesterol 92mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Look for small to medium-size sweet potatoes, which are sweet and creamy. (Large ones tend to be starchier.) The skin should be firm, smooth, and even-toned.