- 4 1-inch-thick bone-in pork chops (about 2 pounds)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 small sweet potatoes (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into wedges
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon maple syrup
- 2 scallions, chopped
- Heat grill to medium-high. Season the pork chops with ¾ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Grill until cooked through, 7 to 8 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon of the oil and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Place the potatoes on the grill, reserving the bowl. Cook, turning often, until tender and slightly charred, 10 to 12 minutes.
- To the reserved bowl, add the syrup, scallions, remaining tablespoon of oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Add the sweet potatoes and toss to coat. Serve with the pork.