- 8 4-ounce lamb rib chops (or 4 8-ounce loin chops)
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- 2 whole lemons, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh oregano (or 2 teaspoons dried oregano)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon ground pepper
- 1 pound orzo
- 1 large tomato, chopped
- Combine all the ingredients except the orzo and the tomato in a shallow dish. Marinate in the refrigerator for 2 to 3 hours.
- In a large stove-top grill pan or in the broiler, grill the rib chops 2 to 3 minutes per side for medium rare, 4 to 5 minutes for medium to medium well. (For loin chops, grill 5 to 6 minutes for medium rare, 7 to 8 minutes for medium to medium well.)
- Meanwhile, prepare the orzo according to the package instructions for 4 servings. Add the tomato, stir, and season to taste with salt. Serve hot with the chops, accompanied by Tsatsiki.