Grilled Mediterranean Vegetables
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 cups couscous
- 6 zucchini and/or yellow squash (about 2 1⁄2 pounds total), sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 large eggplant (about 1 pound), sliced 1⁄4 inch thick
- 1 quart cherry tomatoes (preferably on the vine)
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- Spiced Chili Oil or store-bought harissa (North African chili sauce, found in the international aisle)
- Prepare the couscous according to the package directions. Meanwhile, heat grill to medium. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash, eggplant, tomatoes, and scallions with the olive oil, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper.
- Working in batches if necessary, grill the vegetables, covered, turning occasionally, until tender, 4 to 6 minutes for the eggplant and squash and 1 to 2 minutes for the tomatoes and scallions. Serve with the couscous and Spiced Chili Oil, for drizzling.
- Per Serving
- Calories 347
- Fat 15g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Sodium 269mg
- Protein 10g
- Carbohydrate 49g
- Sugar 8g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 72mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The vegetables can be grilled up to 4 hours in advance and served at room temperature.