skinless mahimahi, cut into 8 pieces
plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
kosher salt and pepper
fresh lime juice
scallions, thinly sliced
bunches watercress, thick stems removed (about 6 cups)
avocado, cut into 1-inch pieces
baguette, sliced (optional)
- Heat grill or grill pan to medium-high. Rub the fish with 1 teaspoon of the oil and season with ¼ teaspoon salt and ⅛ teaspoon pepper.
- Grill the fish until opaque throughout, 5 to 6 minutes per side.
- Meanwhile, with a knife, cut away the peel and white pith of the grapefruit. Cut the fruit into ¼-inch-thick rounds.
- In a small bowl, combine the lime juice, honey, scallions, ½ teaspoon salt, ⅛ teaspoon pepper, and remaining 2 tablespoons of oil.
- Divide the mahimahi, watercress, avocado, and grapefruit among bowls and drizzle with the dressing. Serve with the bread, if desired.