- 1 1/2 pounds carrots, chopped
- 1/2 cup roasted red peppers
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- pinch cayenne pepper
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 lamb loin chops (1 1/2 inches thick; about 2 1/2 pounds total)
- chopped roasted almonds and fresh cilantro leaves, for serving
- Steam the carrots in ½ inch of water until soft, 10 to 12 minutes; drain. Transfer to a food processor. Add the roasted red peppers, oil, lemon juice, cayenne, and ½ teaspoon salt. Puree until smooth, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Heat a grill or grill pan over medium-high heat. Season the lamb with ¼ teaspoon each salt and black pepper. Cook, covered, until an instant-read thermometer inserted into the thickest chop (avoiding the bone) registers 130° F, 3 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Serve the lamb on the carrot puree, topped with the almonds and cilantro.