- ¼ cup olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 3 medium carrots, peeled and shredded
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 3 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 (5- to 6-oz.) grouper fillets, about ½ in. thick
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 large baguette, cut into 4 pieces and split, soft interior removed
- Spicy Mayo (see below)
- 1 cup cucumber, cut into matchsticks
- ½ cup loosely packed fresh mint leaves
- Preheat grill to medium. Brush the grill grates with oil. Toss the carrots, scallions, and lime juice in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Brush the fish with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper. Grill the fish, covered, until it no longer sticks to the grate, about 4 minutes. Carefully flip, using a metal spatula, and grill, uncovered, until the fish flakes easily, about 2 minutes. Remove from grill.
- Grill the bread until toasted, about 1 minute per side.
- Spread 1 tablespoon Spicy Mayo on the cut side of each bread slice. Divide the fish, carrot mixture, cucumber, and mint among 4 of the bread slices. Top with the remaining bread slices and serve.
Stir together 1 cup mayonnaise, ¼ cup Asian chili garlic sauce, and ¼ cup dill pickle relish. Other uses: Spread on a BLT, serve with French fries, or use as a dressing on an iceberg wedge.