- 2 4-pound chickens, cut up
- 1 bunch scallions, minced
- 6 garlic cloves, peeled and finely chopped
- 2 cups orange juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place the chicken pieces in 1 or 2 large resealable plastic bags and add the rest of the ingredients. Shake to mix. Refrigerate at least 1 hour or overnight.
- Fire up a grill to medium heat or until the coals are lightly covered with ash. Cook the chicken skin-side up for 20 minutes. Turn and cook an additional 15 to 20 minutes or until the juices run clear when a thigh is pricked with a fork; it should register 180° F on an instant-read thermometer. Alternatively, roast the chicken uncovered in a preheated 400° F oven for 35 to 45 minutes.