Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1 tablespoon dry sherry or white wine
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 3 small eggplants, each cut lengthwise into 8 long wedges
- 3 small heads romaine, cut lengthwise in half
- 3 plum tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
- Using a whisk, combine the soy sauce, honey, sesame oil, sherry, ginger, and crushed red pepper.
- Light a charcoal grill and allow the coals to burn until covered with gray ash or heat a gas grill to medium.
- Brush the cut sides of the eggplant wedges with the marinade and place on grill. Grill 5 minutes. Brush the romaine and tomatoes and place on grill. Baste the eggplant and turn and cook until all the vegetables are fork-tender, about 10 minutes more.
- Per Serving
- Calories 94
- Calcium 37mg
- Carbohydrate 17g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 2g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 4mg
- Sat Fat 0g
- Sodium 584mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .