- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 medium eggplants, sliced 1/2 inch thick
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons fennel seed
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped flat-leaf parsley
- Heat oven to 350° F. Spread the pine nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast in oven until golden, 6 to 8 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to medium-high. Toss the eggplant with ¼ cup of the oil. Grill, turning once, until tender, 8 to 10 minutes. Toss the eggplant with the remaining ¼ cup of oil, the vinegar, fennel seed, 1 teaspoon salt, and ½ teaspoon pepper. Let marinate for at least 30 minutes and up to 8 hours. Just before serving, top with the parsley and pine nuts.