Grilled Chicken Legs With Orange and Rosemary
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 navel oranges
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- kosher salt and pepper
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup olive oil, plus 1 teaspoon
- 1 1/2 pounds small chicken thighs and drumsticks
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/4-inch rings
- 1 head green leaf lettuce, torn into pieces
- Grate 1/2 teaspoon of zest from 1 orange into a large mixing bowl. Squeeze in 1/3 cup of orange juice. Stir in the lemon juice, 3/4 teaspoon salt, 1/2 teaspoon pepper, the garlic, rosemary, and 1/4 cup of the oil. Reserve 1/4 cup of the dressing. Add the chicken to the bowl, cover, and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- Heat grill to medium. Place the chicken, skin-side up, over indirect heat and cook, covered, for 35 minutes. Turn the chicken and cook, uncovered, over direct heat, until cooked through, about 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, brush the onion with the remaining oil and season with 1/4 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Grill until tender, 8 minutes. Peel the remaining orange and slice into 1/4-inch-thick rounds. Combine them with the onion, lettuce, and reserved dressing in a bowl. Transfer to individual plates. Serve with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 409Calories From Fat 64%
- Sat Fat 4g
- Fat 29g
- Cholesterol 103mg
- Sodium 572mg
- Carbohydrate 14g
- Fiber 3g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 25g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Avoid onion-chopping tears by lighting a candle.