Grilled Chicken and Corn Salad With Avocado
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh rosemary
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 3 ears corn, shucked
- 5 ounces baby spinach (about 6 cups)
- 1 avocado, cut into bite-size pieces
- 2 ounces Parmesan, shaved
- Heat grill to medium-high. Once it is hot, clean the grill grate with a wire brush. Just before grilling, oil the grill grate.
- Whisk together the lemon juice, rosemary, garlic, 3 tablespoons of the olive oil, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper in a medium bowl. Transfer half the dressing to a small bowl; set aside. Add the chicken to the remaining dressing and turn to coat.
- Rub the corn with the remaining tablespoon of oil and season with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Grill the corn and chicken, covered, turning occasionally, until the corn is tender and lightly charred, 4 to 6 minutes, and an instant-read thermometer inserted in each pieces of chicken registers 165º F, 8 to 10 minutes.
- Cut the kernels off the cobs and slice the chicken.
- Toss the spinach, chicken, corn, and avocado with the reserved dressing and sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Per Serving
- Calories 427
- Fat 27g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 57mg
- Sodium 725mg
- Protein 27g
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Sugar 3g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 254mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .