Grilled-Chicken Chopped Salad
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup whole-grain mustard
- 1/2 cup apple juice
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken cutlets
- 4 small zucchini, cut lengthwise into 1/2-inch-thick slices
- 4 Roma (plum) tomatoes, cut lengthwise in half
- 1 large red onion, sliced into 1/2-inch-thick rings
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 5-ounce bag salad greens
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, apple juice, vinegar, 2 tablespoons water, 1/4 teaspoon of the pepper, and 1/2 cup of the oil. Transfer 1/2 cup of the mixture to a large resealable plastic bag and refrigerate the rest. Pat the chicken dry with paper towels. Add to the bag, seal, and refrigerate for 20 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat grill to medium. Place the zucchini, tomatoes, and onion on a baking sheet. Add the salt and the remaining oil and pepper and toss.
- Grill the chicken and vegetables, turning occasionally, for about 10 minutes total. Transfer to a cutting board and roughly chop the ingredients.
- Divide the salad greens among individual bowls and top with the chicken, vegetables, and the reserved dressing.
- Per Serving
- Calories 374Calories From Fat 39%
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Sodium 363mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Fiber 2g
- Sugar 7g
- Protein 41g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
You can vary the vegetables depending on what's plentiful at the farmers' market―or in your vegetable bin. Asparagus and sliced bell peppers taste terrific with the vinaigrette and take approximately the same amount of time to grill.