- 2 tablespoons olive oil, plus more for the grill
- 4 (5-oz.) chicken breast cutlets
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 8 (½-oz.) fontina cheese slices
- ½ cup jarred refrigerated pesto
- 3 tablespoons water
- 8 (1-in.-thick) ciabatta bread slices
- 8 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto or deli ham
- Preheat grill to medium-high. Brush the grill grates with oil. Brush the chicken with the oil and sprinkle with the salt and pepper.
- Grill the chicken, uncovered, for 3 minutes. Turn and top with 2 fontina slices each. Grill, covered, until the cheese is melted and the chicken is cooked through, about 3 minutes.
- Stir the pesto and water. Place 1 cutlet each on 4 of the bread slices. Divide the prosciutto and drizzle the pesto mixture among the slices. Top with the remaining bread slices and serve.