- 4 6-ounce pieces salmon fillet
- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 seedless cucumber, sliced into thin half-moons
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and sliced
- 2tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 cedar grilling plank, soaked in water for at least 1 hour
- Heat grill to medium. Season the salmon with 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/4 teaspoon pepper; arrange on the plank.
- Place the plank on the grill and cook, covered, until the salmon is opaque and flakes easily, 12 to 15 minutes.
- In a bowl, combine the cucumber, jalapeño, lemon juice, oil, and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Serve with the salmon.