Grilled Bread With Zucchini, Ricotta, and Basil
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 1/2-inch-thick slices country bread
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 small zucchini (about 2 pounds), thinly sliced lengthwise
- 1 cup fresh basil, leaves torn
- 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper
- kosher salt
- 1 cup fresh ricotta
- Heat grill to medium-high. Brush the bread with 1 tablespoon of the oil and grill until golden and crisp, about 1 minute per side. Transfer to plates.
- Grill the zucchini until tender and slightly charred, 3 to 4 minutes per side.
- Toss the zucchini in a large bowl with the basil, red pepper, ½ teaspoon salt, and remaining tablespoon of oil.
- Top the bread with the zucchini and ricotta.
- Per Serving
- Calories 284Calories From Fat 143
- Protein 13g
- Carbohydrate 24g
- Sugar 6g
- Fiber 4g
- Fat 16g
- Sat Fat 6g
- Sodium 461mg
- Cholesterol 32mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .