Greens With Apricots and Fennel
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 cups torn mixed lettuces (such as red leaf, green leaf, and frisée)
- 2 small bulbs fennel—halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup dried apricots, quartered
- 2 ounces shaved manchego or pecorino (about 3⁄4 cup)
- Heat oven to 375° F. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, fennel, scallions, apricots, cheese, and almonds. Toss with the dressing just before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 189
- Fat 12g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 8mg
- Sodium 225mg
- Protein 5g
- Carbohydrate 18g
- Sugar 9g
- Fiber 5g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 129mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .