- ½ cup sliced almonds
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon honey
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 12 cups torn mixed lettuces (such as red leaf, green leaf, and frisée)
- 2 small bulbs fennel—halved, cored, and thinly sliced
- 4 scallions, thinly sliced
- ½ cup dried apricots, quartered
- 2 ounces shaved manchego or pecorino (about 3⁄4 cup)
- Heat oven to 375° F. Spread the almonds on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing once, until golden brown, 4 to 6 minutes.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- In a large bowl, combine the lettuces, fennel, scallions, apricots, cheese, and almonds. Toss with the dressing just before serving.