- kosher salt and pepper
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, sliced
- 3 plum tomatoes, diced
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add 1 tablespoon salt and the green beans and cook until tender, 4 to 6 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add the tomatoes, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/8 teaspoon pepper and cook, stirring occasionally, for 3 minutes.
- Drain the green beans and add them to the skillet, along with the lemon juice. Toss to combine. Transfer to a serving dish.