- 1 1/2pounds green beans, trimmed
- 4tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 large cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- 1/3cup (about 2 ounces) pine nuts
- kosher salt and pepper
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, melt the butter in a skillet or small saucepan over medium heat. Stir with a wooden spoon as it starts to foam. Remove the butter from heat as soon as it begins to turn golden brown and smell nutty, about 1 minute.
- Add the garlic, pine nuts, 1/2 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon pepper. Swirl the skillet over heat for 30 seconds more to coat the nuts. Spoon the mixture over the green beans and serve.