- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 4 to 6 minutes. Drain and transfer to a serving bowl.
- Meanwhile, brown the butter: Melt the butter in a skillet or small saucepan over medium heat. Swirl or stir the butter with a wooden spoon as it starts to foam and sputter. Remove the butter from the heat as soon as it begins to turn golden brown and smells nutty, about 1 minute.
- Add the lemon juice, almonds, and salt. Swirl skillet over heat for 30 seconds more to toast the almonds. Spoon the mixture over the green beans.