Green Bean Salad With Walnuts, Fennel, and Goat Cheese
Serves 8-10| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for the water
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced into half-moons (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4 cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 1 4-ounce log fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Gradually add the oil and whisk until well combined; set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to cool, and set aside until you're ready to assemble the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, fennel, and walnuts. Add the goat cheese and vinaigrette just before serving. Toss well and serve at room temperature or chilled.
- Per Serving
- Calories 203Calories From Fat 73%
- Calcium 83mg
- Carbohydrate 11g
- Cholesterol 6mg
- Fat 17g
- Fiber 4g
- Iron 1mg
- Protein 6mg
- Sat Fat 3g
- Sodium 214mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The vinaigrette, green beans, and walnuts can be prepared and refrigerated, separately, up to 1 day in advance. Toss the green beans with the fennel, walnuts, goat cheese, and vinaigrette just before serving.