- 1 1/2tablespoons Dijon mustard
- 2tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 3/4teaspoon kosher salt, plus more for the water
- 1/2teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1/3cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2pounds green beans, trimmed
- 1 small fennel bulb, thinly sliced into half-moons (1 1/4 to 1 1/2 cups)
- 3/4cup walnuts, toasted and coarsely chopped
- 14-ounce log fresh goat cheese, crumbled
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the mustard, vinegar, salt, and pepper. Gradually add the oil and whisk until well combined; set aside.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until just tender, 6 to 8 minutes. Drain, run under cold water to cool, and set aside until you're ready to assemble the salad.
- In a large bowl, combine the green beans, fennel, and walnuts. Add the goat cheese and vinaigrette just before serving. Toss well and serve at room temperature or chilled.