Greek Salad With Basil Dressing
Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 1/2 cup fresh basil
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 14-ounce cans stuffed grape leaves
- 8 ounces Feta, broken into large pieces
- 1 seedless cucumber, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch half-moons
- 1 cup cherry or grape tomatoes, halved
- 1 12-ounce jar pepperoncini, drained
- 1 lemon, cut into wedges
- 3/4 cup olives, preferably kalamata
- In a blender, puree the olive oil, 1 cup of the basil, and ¼ teaspoon salt until smooth. Set aside.
- Divide the stuffed grape leaves, Feta, cucumber, tomatoes, pepperoncini, lemon, olives, and remaining ½ cup of basil among plates.
- Season the tomatoes and cucumbers with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Drizzle with the basil oil before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 524Calories From Fat 382
- Fat 43g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 1,944mg
- Protein 11g
- Carbohydrate 28g
- Sugar 2g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 1mg
- Calcium 198mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Warmed pita toasts make a tasty accompaniment to the salad.