Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 4 inches fresh ginger, scrubbed and sliced
- 1/4 cup Campari
- 6 Ruby Red grapefruit
- In a small saucepan, combine the water, sugar, and ginger and simmer over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, for 1 minute. Stir in the Campari. Cool and set aside.
- Cut the peel and the bitter white pith from the grapefruit with a sharp knife. Working over a bowl to catch the juice, cut the grapefruit sections free from the membranes, keeping sections intact. Place in a medium bowl. Reserve the juice.
- Strain the Campari syrup and pour it and the reserved juice over the grapefruit sections.
- Cover and chill. Recipe can be made up to 1 day ahead.
- Per Serving
- Calories 127Calories From Fat 0%
- Calcium 41mg
- Carbohydrate 29g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 0g
- Fiber 3g
- Iron 0mg
- Protein 1mg
- Sat Fat 0g
- Sodium 0mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Pat washed fruits and veggies dry before bagging them for storage. Damp items spoil quickly.