- 2 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1 1/4 cups finely crushed graham crackers (8 to 10 crackers), plus 1 1/2 cups broken graham crackers (about 5 crackers)
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 4 ounces bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- Heat oven to 325° F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment. Whisk together the flour, crushed graham crackers, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium bowl.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter, granulated sugar, and brown sugar with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until light and fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the eggs and vanilla. Reduce speed to low and gradually add the flour mixture, mixing just until combined (do not overmix). Fold in the coarsely chopped graham crackers.
- Scoop heaping tablespoonfuls of the dough into balls and place on the prepared baking sheets, spacing them 2 inches apart.
- Bake, in batches, rotating the sheets halfway through, until the edges are firm, 14 to 16 minutes. Cool slightly on the baking sheets, then transfer to a wire rack.
- Place the chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl and microwave on high in 15-second intervals, stirring between each, until melted and smooth. Cool slightly then drizzle over the cookies.
- Storage suggestion: Store the cookies in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 5 days.