- 1/4cup pine nuts
- 3pounds yellow tomatoes (about 6), cut into large pieces
- 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into large pieces
- 2tablespoons red wine vinegar
- kosher salt and pepper
- 4ounces Feta, crumbled (1 cup)
- 1/2cup fresh basil leaves, torn
- 2tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2pound thinly sliced prosciutto and/or salami (optional)
- 8 bread sticks (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree the tomatoes and bell pepper in a food processor.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the vinegar and 1 ½ teaspoons salt.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls and top with the Feta, basil, pine nuts, oil, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Serve with the prosciutto or salami and bread sticks (if desired).