yellow tomatoes (about 6), cut into large pieces
yellow bell pepper, cut into large pieces
red wine vinegar
kosher salt and pepper
Feta, crumbled (1 cup)
fresh basil leaves, torn
extra-virgin olive oil
thinly sliced prosciutto and/or salami (optional)
bread sticks (optional)
- Heat oven to 400° F. Spread the nuts on a rimmed baking sheet and toast, tossing occasionally, until golden, 5 to 6 minutes.
- Working in batches, puree the tomatoes and bell pepper in a food processor.
- Transfer to a large bowl. Stir in the vinegar and 1 ½ teaspoons salt.
- Divide the soup among serving bowls and top with the Feta, basil, pine nuts, oil, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Serve with the prosciutto or salami and bread sticks (if desired).