Goat Cheese Omelet
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- In a bowl, whisk together the eggs, 2 tablespoons water, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Melt the butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Cook the eggs, without stirring, until they begin to set, 2 to 3 minutes.
- With a rubber spatula, lift the edges of the omelet, tilting the pan so the uncooked eggs flow to the edges of the pan. Cook until set, 1 minute.
- Sprinkle the cheese and scallions over the eggs. Fold a third of the omelet over the center; fold over the other third. In the pan, cut into 4 pieces.
- Whisk together the oil, vinegar, mustard, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Drizzle over the arugula. Serve with the omelet and bread.
- Per Serving
- Calories 347
- Fat 29g
- Sat Fat 10.5g
- Cholesterol 444mg
- Sodium 645mg
- Protein 19g
- Carbohydrate 4g
- Fiber 1g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
To keep errant eggshells out of your omelet, break the eggs one at a time into a small bowl or cup, then slide them into the large one and whisk.