Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Kosher salt and black pepper
- 1 small shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh herbs (such as dill, parsley, chives, and basil)
- 8 thick slices country bread, toasted
- 2 4-ounce packages soft goat cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, ½ teaspoon salt, and ¼ teaspoon pepper. Stir in the shallot and herbs.
- Drizzle half the vinaigrette over the bread, spread with the goat cheese, and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
- Per Serving
- Calories 342Calories From Fat 56%
- Fat 23g
- Sat Fat 8g
- Cholesterol 22mg
- Sodium 467mg
- Protein 10g
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 68mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
In the summer, try grilling―instead of toasting―the bread.