Goat Cheese Bruschetta
Serves 8| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon honey
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 1/2 small shallot, diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh herbs (such as dill, parsley, chives, and basil)
- 8 thick slices country bread, toasted
- 2 4-ounce packages soft goat cheese
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the oil, lemon juice, vinegar, honey, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Stir in the shallot and herbs.
- Drizzle half the vinaigrette over the bread, spread with the goat cheese, and drizzle with the remaining vinaigrette.
- Per Serving
- Calories 252
- Fat 14g
- Sat Fat 5g
- Cholesterol 13mg
- Sodium 365mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 22g
- Sugar 4g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 81mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
In the summer, try grilling―instead of toasting―the bread.