9-ounce packages refrigerated gnocchi or one 17.5-ounce package shelf-stable gnocchi
medium yellow onion, finely chopped
Italian sausage, casings removed
clove garlic, finely chopped
5-ounce bag baby spinach
(3 ounces) grated Parmesan, plus more for serving
- Cook the gnocchi according to the package directions. Drain, reserving ¼ cup of the cooking liquid.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook until softened, about 5 minutes.
- Add the sausage and cook, crumbling it with a spoon, until browned, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add the garlic, spinach, salt, and pepper and cook, tossing frequently, until the spinach wilts, about 3 minutes.
- Add the gnocchi, the reserved cooking liquid, and the Parmesan and toss. Divide among individual bowls and sprinkle with additional Parmesan.