Glazed Triple-Chocolate Pound Cake
Serves 12| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- For the cake:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, plus more for the pan
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour, spooned and leveled
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs
- 8 ounces semisweet chocolate, melted
- 1 cup chocolate syrup
- 1 cup buttermilk
- For the glaze:
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 4 ounces semisweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- Make the cake: Heat oven to 325° F. Butter a 14-cup Bundt pan. In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, cocoa, salt, baking soda, and baking powder.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the butter and sugar on medium-high until fluffy, 2 to 3 minutes. Beat in the vanilla, then the eggs, one at a time. Beat in the melted chocolate and chocolate syrup.
- Reduce mixer speed to low. Add the flour mixture in 3 additions and the buttermilk in 2 additions, beginning and ending with the flour mixture. Mix just until combined (do not overmix).
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 60 to 75 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Make the glaze: In a small saucepan, bring the cream just to a boil. Remove from heat, add the chopped chocolate, and let sit for 5 minutes. Whisk until smooth; let cool until slightly thickened, 10 to 15 minutes. Set the wire rack with the cooled cake over a rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle the cake with the glaze and let set before serving, 20 to 30 minutes.
- Per Serving
- Calories 644
- Fat 31g
- Sat Fat 19g
- Cholesterol 130mg
- Sodium 210mg
- Protein 9g
- Carbohydrate 88g
- Sugar 64g
- Fiber 1g
- Iron 2mg
- Calcium 51mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .