Glazed Tofu With Bok Choy
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 2 heads bok choy, cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces (about 6 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves (1 thinly sliced, 2 minced)
- 1 14-ounce can vegetable broth
- 1 1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and grated
- 2 teaspoons fish sauce or tamari
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 4 teaspoons dark brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons toasted sesame oil
- 1 14-ounce package firm tofu, cut into 1/2-inch-thick slices and drained on paper towels
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- Heat half the canola oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the bok choy and sliced garlic. Cook, stirring, until wilted, about 4 minutes.
- Add 1 ½ cups broth and simmer until reduced by half. Meanwhile, combine the minced garlic, ginger, fish and soy sauces, brown sugar, and sesame oil.
- Heat the remaining canola oil in another skillet over high heat. Add the tofu and brown, about 3 minutes per side.
- Add the soy mixture and coat the tofu with it. Simmer, uncovered, until the sauce is syrupy, about 4 minutes.
- Stir the cornstarch into the reserved broth and add to the bok choy. Stir gently until thickened, about 2 minutes.
- Divide the bok choy among 4 plates. Layer the glazed tofu on top.
- Per Serving
- Calories 329Calories From Fat 51%
- Calcium 1133mg
- Carbohydrate 23g
- Cholesterol 0mg
- Fat 19g
- Fiber 7g
- Iron 7mg
- Protein 25mg
- Sat Fat 2g
- Sodium 2841mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .