Glazed Salmon With Mint and Cucumber Slaw
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2/3 cup fresh orange juice
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons mustard powder
- 1/4 cup plus 2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 3/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 4 salmon fillets (about 6 ounces each), skin removed
- 1/2 small cucumber, cut into matchstick-size strips
- 8 leaves Bibb lettuce, thinly sliced
- 8 sprigs fresh mint, torn if large
- 1 orange, peeled and segmented
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- In a small saucepan, over medium-high heat, whisk together the orange juice, sugar, mustard powder, ¼ cup of the vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon of the salt.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat to medium-low, and simmer, uncovered, until slightly thickened, about 8 minutes. Season with ¼ teaspoon of the pepper.
- Heat broiler. Arrange the salmon on a rimmed baking sheet lined with foil. Brush generously with the glaze.
- Broil until the salmon flakes easily when pricked with a fork and is the same color throughout, about 5 minutes, basting once with remaining glaze.
- Place the cucumber, lettuce, mint, and orange in a bowl. Drizzle with oil and the remaining vinegar, salt, and pepper and toss. Serve with the salmon.
- Per Serving
- Calories 441.06Calories From Fat 46%
- Calcium 64.12mg
- Carbohydrate 23.06g
- Cholesterol 100.36mg
- Fat 22.62g
- Fiber 1.31g
- Iron 1.45mg
- Protein 35.31mg
- Sat Fat 4.19g
- Sodium 248.73mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a buttery taste and a supple texture, use the tender inner leaves of the lettuce, not the tough outer ones.