Glazed Pork Tenderloin With Pineapple Slaw
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 small pork tenderloins (about 1 1/2 pounds total)
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/4 teaspoon ground chipotle chili pepper
- 1 small jicama (about 3/4 pound), peeled and cut into thin sticks
- 1/2 small pineapple, peeled, cored, and cut into thin sticks
- 1 red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 cup fresh cilantro sprigs
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- Heat oven to 400° F. Heat 1 tablespoon of the oil in a large ovenproof skillet over medium-high heat.
- Season the pork with ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Cook, turning occasionally, until browned, 6 to 8 minutes.
- In a small bowl, combine the ketchup, honey, and chili pepper. Brush the browned pork with half of it and transfer the skillet to the oven.
- Roast the pork, turning once, until cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes. Brush with the remaining glaze and let rest for at least 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the jicama, pineapple, bell pepper, cilantro, lime juice, remaining tablespoon oil, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper. Serve with the pork.
- Per Serving
- Calories 365
- Fat 13g
- Sat Fat 3g
- Cholesterol 98mg
- Sodium 444mg
- Protein 37g
- Carbohydrate 26g
- Sugar 15g
- Fiber 6g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 36mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Cut your prep time by purchasing a peeled and cored fresh pineapple, available in the produce section of most supermarkets.