- 1 cup long-grain white rice
- 1/2 cup hoisin sauce
- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 1 1/2 pounds pork loin, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1 bell pepper, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 bunch scallions, cut into 2-inch lengths
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame seeds
- Soak 8 small wooden skewers in water for at least 15 minutes. Meanwhile, cook the rice according to the package directions. In a small bowl, combine the hoisin sauce and vinegar.
- Heat broiler. Thread the pork, bell pepper, and scallions onto the skewers and place on a foil-lined broilerproof rimmed baking sheet. Drizzle with the hoisin mixture and broil, basting with the pan juices and turning twice, until cooked through, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Sprinkle the kebabs with the sesame seeds and serve with the rice.