- 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 teaspoon fresh orange juice
- kosher salt and black pepper
- 4 chicken legs (about 21/2 pounds total)
- 2 oranges, peeled and sliced
- 2 avocados, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- fresh mint leaves, for serving
- Heat oven to 475° F with a rack in the highest position.
- Combine the honey, orange juice, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a small bowl.
- Place the chicken on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet and brush with the glaze. Roast on the top rack, basting twice with the pan juices, until an instant-read thermometer inserted in the thickest part of a leg (avoiding the bone) registers 165° F, 18 to 22 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the oranges, avocados, oil, vinegar, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper in a medium bowl.
- Top the salad with the mint and serve alongside the chicken.