Serves 6| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 4 large carrots, peeled and cut into 2-inch sticks
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into pieces
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- kosher salt
- Place the carrots in a large skillet. Dot with the butter and sprinkle with the sugar and ¼ teaspoon salt. Add enough cold water to come halfway up the sides of the carrots.
- Simmer, partially covered, until the carrots are tender and the liquid has reduced to a glaze, about 20 minutes. (If the carrots are done before this point, transfer them to a bowl, increase heat to high, and cook the liquid, uncovered, until reduced. Return the carrots to the pan and toss.)
- Per Serving
- Calories 48Calories From Fat 56%
- Fat 3g
- Sat Fat 2g
- Cholesterol 10mg
- Sodium 110mg
- Carbohydrate 5g
- Fiber 1g
- Sugar 3g
- Protein 0g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Use a paring knife to cut fruits and vegetables.