Gingery Shrimp and Couscous
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 10-ounce box (1 1/2 cups) couscous
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3 tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1 cup white wine
- 1 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8 ounces snow peas, cut in half on the diagonal
- 1/3 cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook 2 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Nestle the shrimp in the onion mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and stir. Continue cooking until the shrimp are bright pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the couscous among bowls. Spoon the shrimp and snow peas on top.
- Per Serving
- Calories 499Calories From Fat 14%
- Fat 8g
- Sat Fat 0g
- Cholesterol 172mg
- Sodium 419mg
- Carbohydrate 65g
- Fiber 5g
- Sugar 4g
- Protein 34g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
For a whole-grain upgrade, replace the couscous with brown rice or barley.