- 1 10-ounce box (1 1/2 cups) couscous
- 1tablespoon olive oil
- 1 large yellow onion, finely chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 3tablespoons finely chopped ginger
- 1cup white wine
- 1pound shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 8ounces snow peas, cut in half on the diagonal
- 1/3cup fresh cilantro, roughly chopped
- 1/2teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4teaspoon black pepper
- Cook the couscous according to the package directions.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Add the onion and cook, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, about 12 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic and ginger and cook 2 minutes. Add the wine and bring to a boil.
- Nestle the shrimp in the onion mixture and simmer for 2 minutes.
- Add the snow peas and stir. Continue cooking until the shrimp are bright pink and cooked through, about 2 minutes. Stir in the cilantro, salt, and pepper.
- Divide the couscous among bowls. Spoon the shrimp and snow peas on top.