- 1/4 cup rice vinegar
- 2 teaspoons sugar
- kosher salt
- 2 Kirby cucumbers, thinly sliced
- 1 red or green jalapeño, thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound ground pork
- 1/4 cup hoisin sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 4 pitas, halved
- In a medium bowl, combine the vinegar, sugar, and ¼ teaspoon salt, stirring until the sugar dissolves.
- Add the cucumbers and jalapeño and let sit, tossing occasionally, for at least 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Cook the pork, breaking up with a spoon until no longer pink, 5 to 6 minutes. Stir in the hoisin sauce, ginger, and 2 tablespoons water.
- Fill the pita halves with the pork and the cucumber salad.