Gingery Chicken With Green Beans and Potatoes
Serves 4| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled (2 inches thinly sliced, 1 inch finely chopped)
- 2 bunches scallions, trimmed (1 bunch thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup plus 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup rice vinegar
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 pound small new potatoes
- 4 6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
- 1 pound green beans, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1/2 teaspoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the sliced ginger, unsliced bunch of scallions, ½ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup vinegar, garlic, and potatoes in a large pot with 6 cups water.
- Simmer until the potatoes are cooked, about 8 minutes. Remove the potatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Add the chicken to the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes; drain.
- Place the sliced scallions, chopped ginger, and remaining soy sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk in the honey, sesame oil, cayenne, and olive oil.
- Add the green beans and potatoes to the dressing and toss. Divide among plates and serve with the chicken.
- Per Serving
- Calories 460Calories From Fat 33%
- Fat 17g
- Cholesterol 99mg
- Sodium 205mg
- Carbohydrate 31g
- Fiber 6g
- Sugar 8g
- Protein 43g
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
Save the poaching liquid. You can use it instead of broth in recipes or as a flavorful alternative to water for cooking potatoes or rice.