3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled (2 inches thinly sliced, 1 inch finely chopped)
bunches scallions, trimmed (1 bunch thinly sliced)
plus 1 1/2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
small new potatoes
6-ounce boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves
green beans, trimmed
toasted sesame oil
extra-virgin olive oil
- Place the sliced ginger, unsliced bunch of scallions, ½ cup soy sauce, ¼ cup vinegar, garlic, and potatoes in a large pot with 6 cups water.
- Simmer until the potatoes are cooked, about 8 minutes. Remove the potatoes and cut them into quarters.
- Add the chicken to the pot. Simmer for 10 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Let rest for 5 minutes before slicing.
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add the green beans and cook until tender, 3 to 5 minutes; drain.
- Place the sliced scallions, chopped ginger, and remaining soy sauce and vinegar in a bowl. Whisk in the honey, sesame oil, cayenne, and olive oil.
- Add the green beans and potatoes to the dressing and toss. Divide among plates and serve with the chicken.