Gingersnap Cherry Cheesecake
Serves 12| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- Heat oven to 350° F. In a medium bowl, combine the ground gingersnaps and butter. Using a straight-sided dry measuring cup, press the mixture into the bottom and 2 inches up the side of a 9-inch springform pan.
- Using an electric mixer, beat the cream cheese and 1 cup of the sugar until smooth. Beat in the eggs, one at a time. Beat in ½ cup of the sour cream and 1 teaspoon of the vanilla.
- Pour the mixture into the crust and bake until just set, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the remaining 1 ½ cups of sour cream, ¼ cup of sugar, and 1 teaspoon of vanilla. Spread over the hot cheesecake and bake until set, 3 to 5 minutes more. Let cool in the pan, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours. Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake before unmolding.
- Spread the preserves over the cheesecake before serving.
- Per Serving
- Calories 675
- Fat 39g
- Sat Fat 23g
- Cholesterol 142mg
- Sodium 489mg
- Protein 8g
- Carbohydrate 70g
- Sugar 49g
- Fiber 2g
- Iron 3mg
- Calcium 67mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
The cheesecake can be baked up to 2 days in advance; refrigerate loosely covered. Before serving, unmold and top with the preserves.