- 8 ounces milk chocolate chips, (about 1 cup)
- 2 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- ½ cup sweetened condensed milk
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped crystallized ginger
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- ⅛ teaspoon ground ginger, divided
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa
- Place milk chocolate in a large microwave-safe bowl; microwave on HIGH until melted, about 1 minute, stirring every 20 seconds. Add butter, and stir until melted and smooth. Stir in sweetened condensed milk, crystallized ginger, cinnamon, allspice, nutmeg, cloves, and ¼ teaspoon of the ground ginger. Cover with plastic wrap, and chill until firm, about 1 hour.
- Scoop chocolate mixture into balls, about 2 teaspoonfuls each (you should get about 32), and place on a parchment paper-lined baking sheet.
- Combine cocoa and remaining ¼ teaspoon ginger in a small bowl; roll truffles in cocoa mixture until evenly coated. Chill until ready to serve. Layer between sheets of wax paper in an airtight container, and store in refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.