- 1cup pancake mix
- 1teaspoon ground ginger
- 1teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 3/4cup whole milk
- 3tablespoons molasses
- 1tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 ripe Anjou or Bartlett pears, peeled, cored, and thinly sliced
- 1tablespoon light brown sugar
- vanilla yogurt
- Combine the pancake mix, ginger, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl. In another bowl, whisk together the egg, milk, molasses, and oil. Stir the wet ingredients into the dry and whisk just to combine. Let the batter rest according to the pancake-mix label directions (or for 5 minutes if you make your own mix).
- While waiting, gently toss the pears in a bowl with the brown sugar; set aside.
- Place a nonstick griddle or skillet coated with oil, butter, or cooking spray over medium-high heat. Spoon or pour about 1/3 cup of batter for each pancake onto the griddle. Turn when bubbles rise to the surface and the edges look cooked. Repeat with the remaining batter.
- Serve the pancakes with the sliced pears and a dollop of the vanilla yogurt.
This recipe makes 8-10 pancakes.