Anjou or Bosc pears, peeled, cored, and quartered
prebaked Pecan Brown Sugar Crust, plus extra unbaked crust mixture for the crumble
light brown sugar
pinch ground cinnamon
freshly grated ginger
- Make the Pecan Brown Sugar Crust.
- Preheat oven to 375° F. Position a rack in lower third of oven.
- Slice each pear quarter into bite-size pieces and place them in a large mixing bowl. Add the zest, sugar, flour, and ginger; toss gently. Spoon the fruit into the prepared crust.
- To make the crumble topping, combine the extra crust mixture, all-purpose flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon in a small bowl.
- Sprinkle over the pear filling and bake until the topping is golden brown and the fruit is tender, 50 to 55 minutes. Let cool before slicing.