Ginger Chocolate-Chip Bars
Makes 32 bars| Hands-On Time: | Total Time:
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature, plus more for the pan
- 2 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/4 cups light brown sugar
- 1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350° F.
- Butter a 9-by-13-inch baking pan and line it with 2 crisscrossed pieces of parchment paper, leaving an overhang on all sides. In a large bowl, whisk together the flour, ginger, cinnamon, cloves, baking soda, and salt.
- In a separate bowl, beat the butter and sugars, using an electric mixer, until fluffy. Add the eggs and vanilla and beat to combine. Gradually add the flour mixture, mixing until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips.
- Spread the batter evenly in the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean, 40 to 50 minutes.
Cool completely in the pan, then cut into 32 bars (8 rows by 4 rows).
- Per Serving
- Calories 138Calories From Fat 41%
- Fat 6g
- Cholesterol 28mg
- Carbohydrate 20g
- Sodium 55mg
What does this mean? See Nutrition 101 .
As with produce, take eggs and milk from the back of the case; older merchandise tends to be pushed forward.